Sunday 23 May 2010

'If You Feel Hard Done By'

I'm sure, like me, you sometimes wonder where the next post is coming from. I find it particularly difficult as, in the main, I shy away from the topical. Of any case, other people do it better. Then, out of the blue came an article in a Sunday paper (The Times as it happens) that stood out from the rest in every conceivable way. The story of Andy Ripley, an awesome rugby player in his prime, now fighting terrible afflictions with dignity, courage and humour. I am not a fan of rugby but you don't need to be so to appreciate Andy's story. Instead of my weekly drivel, please read the following article and wonder. The capacity of mankind to rise above adversity never ceases to amaze. Like Justo Gallego (Don Justo), see post dated May 3rd, Andy Ripley will stay in my mind for a very long time. I have put the articles in the next blog double click to make them big enough to read ,.

No comments: